What a year! It was full of ups and downs and goodbyes. We lost so many people in the entertainment industry including George Michael, Carrie Fisher, and Debbie Reynolds just this week. It was a tough year financially for many people as well.
Instead of giving up, it’s time to grab your light saber and rise up! Embrace your gifts and talents and find ways to use them for good. If you’ve read my book, you know I’ve overcome many setbacks. The Dark Side has tried to bring me down many times. Every time I got back up, I heard “The Force is strong in this one.”
The Rebel Alliance
What we need now are more rebels. No, seriously. Rebels are the ones who get ticked off enough to make changes. Rebels with a positive mission are forces to be reckoned with. They make great entrepreneurs, social activists, musicians, writers, and founders of non-profits. The trick is discovering how to ignite the fire within.
Princes Leia and her brother Luke both discovered that there was way more in them than they thought. In order to tap into their talents, they needed to:
1) Pay attention. Watch for signs and clues. What types of people or opportunities are coming your way?
2) Learn to adapt. If something’s not working, you may need to switch things up or try a Plan B.
3) Tap into the Force. God can equip you. Ask for help and use the powers you’ve been given! This will not only help you push forward but it will help you when you feel like giving up.
4) Be willing to learn. When the student is ready, the teacher appears. It just may not be who or what you were expecting. Luke had Yoda. Who do you need and what do you need help with?
5) Push past fear. Stop procrastinating and start doing.
Remember…”You either do or do not. There is no try.” It’s time to rise up and rock! Are you ready?
Wishing you a year full of blessings and possibilities! If you need help rocking the next stage of your talent, business, or career, contact me and let’s chat! You can also download my FREE report with tips on how to be focused and fearless.
Dori Staehle, MBA lives in the Raleigh, NC area. She’s a mentor, coach, inspirational speaker, podcast host, percussionist, and drum therapist. Dori is the owner of Rock the Next Stage, Next Stage Entertainment, and Next Stage Drumming. Dori is also the best-selling author of Find Your Divine Rhythm: A Creative’s Success Formula. To book Dori for speaking or drumming or to request information, click here.