Stress affects everyone from time to time and entrepreneurs are no exception. Unfortunately stress can create or exacerbate many health issues such as increased blood pressure, headaches, body aches and pains, ulcers, colitis, asthma, diabetes, and depression.
Many people assume that when they become self-employed, their stress will end. However, stress levels tend to max out for entrepreneurs who are trying to juggle too many plates or constantly worry where the next client will come from.
1) Try deep breathing before you start your day and whenever you feel stressed.
2) Meditate or pray. Connect with your Higher Power.
3) Get moving! Run, walk, swim, bike, do yoga, or listen to some fun music and DANCE!
4) Spend time in nature. Take a few minutes to enjoy the great outdoors.
5) Find a creative outlet such as art, music, photography, etc. Take a little time out each day to do something creative.
A great way that my clients and I beat stress is through drumming. Nothing feels better than whacking on a drum! I combine business and success coaching with drumming to move you forward FAST! For a complimentary strategy session, contact me here.
Dori Staehle is a speaker, coach, drum chick, and Chief Encouragement Officer at Rock the Next Stage. She uses African drums and percussion instruments for healing, clarity, and stress relief, combined with holistic coaching to move entrepreneurs forward. Her sessions can be in-person or virtual and are loads of fun!